Earlier this week I mentioned the one thing I have every…day! (okay to be honest, often 2x a day). Surprise, surprise, its SHAKEOLOGY! Why have I, personally, consumed it everyday for the past four years? I break it down below AND give you the ways that I make it so I 1) dont get sick of it and 2) always look forward to it (like in the gimme gimme gimme sorta way).
Here we go…
1) 70 super foods that fulfill my body with the proper vitamins and minerals I just can’t find in accessible food- as a health and exercise nerd or just someone who constantly researches what we need for our health, this is VITAL
2) Energy to keep me going! I work a 40 hour work week, teach 5-6x a week and run my fitness business all while feeling GREAT. I dont have time to feel bad or sub par.
3) Combats cravings and helps me crave healthy food. By starting off healthy with Shakeology I crave healthy whole food the rest of the day, Ive lost 30 lbs…so in order to keep that off, Ive got to stay on point 90% of the time. Shakeology absolutely helps me do that.
4) I rarely ever have to miss work for a sick day… If ever. The immunity boosters in SHAKEOLOGY help ward off sickness and inflammation (the list is endless but I wont get too nerdy, geeky on you)- what would you do if you never had to take a sick day? Plan more for vacays? Make more money at work? Think about it…
5) Muscle recovery… I love to push myself and these muscles need love. Processed or half a** food won’t cut it. I need dense doses of nutrients! So do my joints, so does my heart, my brain, so on and so forth… why should we settle and not run optimally?
6) I honestly think it tastes amazing and with a soft spot for desserts, serves as my treat 1-2x daily so I never feel deprived. The rest of my food can be delicious protein, vegetables, fruits and healthy fats, and I feel completely satisfied. YES it takes a week or two to adjust, but thats two weeks of your lifetime. The rest of the time you’ll be enjoying and loving it. In the scheme of things, how painful is one week of adjusting your taste buds?
7) While I may not go around shouting from the mountaintops how amazing it is, its only because Im (GASP) somewhat selfish. When you see me with it Im probably really excited to escape into my little bubble and drink/eat it uninterrupted. You know I love you if Im pushing it hard… theres a specific reason my whole family is on it, including my fiance, and its what I get my in laws for Christmas. If I love you, I will suggest it, maybe even push it. It’s nature’s gold and its done nothing but help those I care about. High end? Yes! High quality? Yes. Health in a glass? Heck yeah… thats why I drink it everyday and why I make sure to introduce it to those I love.
Now the magic question is, how do I not get sick of it? Well I’ll be honest, Im the kind of person that can honestly drink it and eat it similar ways everyday. Im just a routine person like that, however the pinterest board recipes are cray cray and people gobble them up. Im much more likely to stick to something the simpler it is. If you were looking for decadent, impressive, wild recipes, Id be lying to you. Theres your Aunt Youtube, Uncle Google, and Cous Pinterest for that… have yourself a search results party!
If you want to hear the truth and see the simplicity, here’s how I eat and drink it:
1) Chocolate Vegan Shakeology mixed with cinnamon, ice, one cup of almond milk, and water to taste, blend it up and VOILA! I typically have this first thing in the morning. When I get creative I add a TINY bit of mint extract, sometimes some spinach, maybe frozen blueberries, but more often than not, its Shakeology, cinnamond, almond milk, ice and water.
2) I dont know if its the rebel in me, or the one cooking tip I learned from my mother, but I literally refuse to measure anything (besides the scoop of Shakeology) and pour just enough water into the Shakeology to be able to mix it to a brownie batter or pudding like consistency and thentop with banana. I often have this as an afternoon snack, before my workout. WARNING, its decadent and I love it. I tend to always leave chocolate around my lips, sooo include a napkin as well.
3) Another version of the above recipe, just topped with raspberries and stevia
4) My body hates greek yogurt, but if it didnt, Id find this quite delicious. Just pick a small yogurt of your choice,insert Shakeology, maybe add water depending on how much yogurt and mix! You can also blend with avocado and make a delicious pudding as well.
5) Now if you just had a crazy workout or are going to in a few hours, this recipe is a bit “carby” so Id make sure its on an active day. I pair my Shakeology puddling consistency with either 1/4 cup of dry oatmeal and choice of fruit (below is a pear), mix it up, and youve got a no bake chocolate oatmeal fruit concoction. OR you can cook 1/2 cup of oatmeal, top with Shakeology as a topping (like a peanut butter etc) and top with fruit as well. Get the point? Regardless how you make it- its delicious!
I think it makes sense for the most part why I make it a priority everyday. However, some struggle with drinking it consistently every day (let the bags pile up) and many people just dont know how to get past their boredom ruts. Firstly the benefits of drinking Shakeology completely outweigh the potential inconvenience or burn out I may experience from time to time. Im at the point where I LOVE IT and feel so sad when I cant have it. Im a stronger, more confident, more beautiful person because of it- why deprive myself and those I love of that person? Give yourself a chance, treat yourself kindly, prioritize health, be PROACTIVE and live a life full of love and passion. Im not saying Shakeology is full of unicorns and rainbows, but IT IS full of 70 superfoods (with all natural ingredients) that make my world go round.
Contact me today if you’d like to really give it a try for 30 days. Have extra bags lying around? I hope this motivated you to get on it. I only drink it on the days I want to feel good… I hope you too can know your why behind putting health first, and then never forget it…you’ll find its a heck of a lot easier than you originally thought.