Happy New Year Fitness Friends! From what Ive heard, 2012 had a great start for many of you and it definitely was the same for me. I enjoyed a weekend get away with some dear friends and boyfriend at a local martini bar/restaurant. We went up to Howell, Michigan and came back Monday morning to get back on top of everything. I couldnt help but see all the different Facebook goals being posted for the New Year. I absolutely find this encouraging and motivating. Every year we are here to improve upon what we’ve deemed important as of most recently and are finally doing something about it. This is great, especially if the hard work and satisfaction keeps you going past day one, month one, and the year. New Years resolutions/goals can be the start of the rest of your life. When it becomes a lifestyle change, youve reached your goal, now your goal is to maintain it. I am so proud of myself to not have the typical “lose all the weight you’ve been wanting to lose now, but a new year= a new start, so Im going to DO IT THIS TIME”. Although I dont need to lose 10 or 40 lbs because of my hard work through 2011 and hard work to maintain now, I definitely have health and fitness goals. 2011 was such an incredible year for me, my mind and body, but writing them down makes them more concrete and sharing them on a website makes it as close to stone for me as possible. Here are some goals for 2012 for me to share with you all.
1. Complete 2 Olympic Sized Triathlons versus the 1 I did last year
2. Complete my ACE Personal Trainer Certification, digging deeper into my Kinesiology background so that I can be as educated as possible when working with clients
3. Continue to help others through Beach Body and continue to pursue my future in health and fitness. Sharing with my networks the wonderful tools that work to help make their goals that much more attainable (shakeology, at home dvd programs)
4. Eat as clean as possible, eat= energy!
5. Find and cook awesome healthy recipes, expanding my kitchen skills
6. Gain certifications in several different classes to broaden my instructing class options (Hip Hop Hustle, Stride with Shaun T, PIYO)
7. Improve my Yoga and Zen
8. Sleep 8 hours a night as much as possible
9. Drink more WATER
10. Blog every week and make myself as available as possible to answer questions/provide feedback to share the knowledge I posses as well as gain knowledge left and right from you all.
Happy New Year and heres to a kick tail 2012!
Maria “Like the Lettuce” Romaine, xoxoxo